“We’re finally able to have a conversation that I think many people have been waiting entire lifetimes to have.” As this episode of The SIP begins, Nina acknowledges the importance of discussing mental health.
Meet Robert, Diana, Chris, and Nina – four Coke Scholars and mental health advocates passionate about destigmatizing the topic:
- Dr. Robert Accordino (1999) – Physician, Massachusetts General Hospital; Lecturer (part-time), Harvard Medical School; and Chief Medical Officer, Ontrak Health
- Diana Chao (2016) – Founder, Letters to Strangers
- Chris A. Biehn (2014) – Creator, raging seas & Rising Suns
- Dr. Nina Vasan (2002) – Chief Medical Officer, Real & Founder and Executive Director, Brainstorm: The Stanford Lab for Mental Health Innovation
The Scholars share their personal experiences with mental health, discuss how mental health has changed since the pandemic started, and how feelings of imposter syndrome can affect Coca-Cola Scholars and high achieving students and professionals. They also take questions from the Scholar community, giving advice about what to do if you or a loved one is struggling with mental health, dealing with online bullying, and how you can proactively keep yourself well and healthy.
The episode is introduced by Aisha Chebbi (2020).
Watch a video of Robert, Diana, Chris, and Nina recording this episode here with captions.
The SIP, short for The Coke Scholars Ignite Podcast, shares a taste of the Coke Scholars around the world who are igniting positive change.
Learn more about items referenced in this episode:
- The SIP – cokeurl.com/thesip
- The Coca-Cola Scholars Program – coca-colascholarsfoundation.org
- Dr. Robert Accordino bio – https://www.coca-colascholarsfoundation.org/blog/meet-the-scholars-from-season-3-of-the-sip/#robert
- Diana Chao bio – https://www.coca-colascholarsfoundation.org/blog/meet-the-scholars-from-season-3-of-the-sip/#diana
- Chris A. Biehn bio – https://www.coca-colascholarsfoundation.org/blog/meet-the-scholars-from-season-3-of-the-sip/#chris