Parenting can sometimes be tough to navigate. Throw in a global pandemic and things get even more complicated!
Join 3 Coke Scholars in a candid conversation about the twists and turns of raising children and teenagers:
- Samuel Wakefield (2001) – Leadership Director, The Organizer Zero Project; Partner, DEI Works; & father of 4
- Nelda Brown (1989) – School Board Staff Aide, Fairfax County School Board & cousin-mommy to teenager Eric
- Dr. Laura Froyen (2002) – Early Childhood and Parenting Specialist & mother of 2
The trio discuss the challenges of parenting in the age of covid, cell phones, and social media; the importance of having an open mind; and their unique parenting journeys.
The episode is introduced by Aisha Chebbi (2020).
Watch a video of Samuel, Nelda, and Laura recording this episode here with captions.
The SIP, short for the Coke Scholars Ignite Podcast, shares a taste of the Coke Scholars around the world who are igniting positive change.
Learn more about items referenced in this episode:
- The SIP – cokeurl.com/thesip
- The Coca-Cola Scholars Program – coca-colascholarsfoundation.org
- Samuel Wakefield bio – https://www.coca-colascholarsfoundation.org/blog/meet-the-scholars-from-season-3-of-the-sip/#samuel
- Nelda Brown bio – https://www.coca-colascholarsfoundation.org/blog/meet-the-scholars-from-season-3-of-the-sip/#nelda
- Dr. Laura Froyen bio – https://www.coca-colascholarsfoundation.org/blog/meet-the-scholars-from-season-3-of-the-sip/#laura
- Black Joy: Stories of Resistance, Resilience, and Restoration – amazon.com/Black-Joy-Resistance-Resilience-Restoration/dp/179713762X
- Poetry by Yung Pueblo – yungpueblo.com
- The Balanced Parent podcast – laurafroyen.com/podcast-internal