Going Pro in Basketball and Business with Junior Bridgeman, CEO of Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Co.
Junior Bridgeman barely made his high school basketball team. He played 12 years in the NBA.
Junior’s first restaurant was robbed and set on fire. He became the owner of over 450 restaurants in 20 states.
His secret for growth?
“I think I was never afraid of failure. Put it that way.”
In this special bonus episode, Status Quo Ninja Daron K. Roberts (1997) interviews Junior Bridgeman, owner & CEO of Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company and CCSF Board member. They discuss Junior’s incredible career of going from the NBA to owning a Coca-Cola bottling franchise and why, in the end, it’s about investing in people.
The episode is introduced by Aisha Chebbi (2020).
The SIP, short for the Coke Scholars Ignite Podcast, shares a taste of the Coke Scholars around the world who are igniting positive change.
Read a transcript of this episode here.
Learn more about items referenced in this episode:
- The SIP – cokeurl.com/thesip
- The Coca-Cola Scholars Program – coca-colascholarsfoundation.org
- Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company – heartlandcocacola.com
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell – amazon.com/Tipping-Point-Little-Things-Difference-ebook/dp/B000OT8GD0
- Artwork by Nelson Mandela – houseofmandelaart.com
Listen to The SIP: Season 2, Bonus Episode Now
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More