How Educated Risks Led to an Unorthodox Career Path with Bea Perez of The Coca-Cola Company
The SIP usually features incredible Coca-Cola Scholars, and today we’re honored to have an incredible leader from The Coca-Cola Company join us as well.
In this bonus episode, 2003 Scholar Albert Lawrence rejoins The SIP to interview Beatriz “Bea” Perez, the Senior Vice President and Chief Communications, Public Affairs, Sustainability, and Marketing Assets Officer for The Coca-Cola Company. She is also a member of the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation board.
Bea shares how a series of educated risks, including a demotion, influenced her 25-year career journey at The Coca-Cola Company and gives a peek behind the curtain of how the company has shifted in response to the global pandemic and its work supporting social justice.
Albert and Bea also discuss how her family is navigating the pandemic, the motto that drives her, and her interesting music playlists.
The episode is introduced by Justin J. Pearson (2013).
The SIP, short for the Coke Scholars Ignite Podcast, shares a taste of the Coke Scholars around the world who are igniting positive change.
Learn more about items referenced in this episode:
- The SIP – cokeurl.com/thesip
- The Coca-Cola Company – coca-colacompany.com
- The Coca-Cola Scholars Program – coca-colascholarsfoundation.org
- The Coca-Cola Company’s coronavirus commitments and actions – coca-colacompany.com/news/coronavirus-local-actions
- Where the Coca-Cola Company Stands on Social Justice – coca-colacompany.com/news/where-we-stand-on-social-justice
- Animal Farm – amazon.com/Animal-Farm-George-Orwell/dp/0451526341
- The Coca-Cola Scholars application – cokeurl.com/apply2020
Read a transcript of this episode here.
Listen to The SIP: Season 1 Bonus Episode Now
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More