I’m Ted and I currently attend Walnut High School, which is about 30 minutes east of downtown Los Angeles. I’m so excited to attend Scholars Weekend this year. I have a few friends who were past Scholars and they’ve constantly told me about how amazing their experiences were. I honestly cannot wait to chug down an unlimited supply of Coke while chilling with my future best bud Muhtar Kent.
When I read the short bio’s and introductions of the other Scholars in our Facebook group, there was a palpable feeling of earnest enthusiasm. Just from reading the intros (and doing quite a bit of Facebook stalking), I can see that this is such a diverse group of big-thinkers. It’s actually slightly intimidating to see how amazing and accomplished everyone is. I’m hoping that the collective creativity, passion, and experiences of our class will help each other acquire the knowledge it takes to turn our own dreams and aspirations into actionable impact. I’m betting that we won’t disappoint.
Anyway, here’s some info about me!
1) I’m a Southern California boy, raised in the glorious sunshine, smog and devastating winters (ha) of LA.
2) I’m a sports fanatic. I play tennis, and am a huge fan of my hometown Lakers and Angels, along with the Pittsburgh Steelers, FC Barcelona, and Rafael Nadal.
3) I’m really passionate about science. Science Olympiad and research internships have been a big part of my high school experience in the past few years. I also really love writing, and have been on my school newspaper for the past 4 years. I’m undecided about what I want to study right now, but I hope to combine my interests and work at the intersection of health, journalism, and education advocacy.
4) I’m a huge fan of Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Agent Carter, Broadchurch, Sherlock, and Doctor Who, and somewhat ashamedly, Shark Tank. I also loved the Dark Knight trilogy and am looking forward to developments in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I’m a big fan of animated movies such as Up, Wall-E, The Lego Movie, and Tangled
.5) I’ll likely be attending Harvard in the fall, although I’m still exploring some other options. Shoutout to the Crimson fam!
6) Something most people don’t know about me: I lowkey wish to be a writer for SNL and highkey wish to be a better singer. I super highkey want to be Iron Man, because hey, who doesn’t?
See y’all at Scholars Weekend!